Death of Photography
- In 1976, Kodak sold 90% of film and 85% of cameras in America. (In 2013, Kodak filed for bankruptcy.)
- In 1998, the most film cameras were manufactured per year (about 37,000).
- In 2005, almost all of the 120,000 cameras manufactured were digital.
- In 2016, 98.4% of the consumer cameras sold were in smartphones.
- In 2017, it is estimated that 1.2 trillion photographs will be taken.
- On Facebook, 4,000 photographs are uploaded per second, 243,000 photographs every minute, 14.580,000 photographs every hour, 350 million photographs daily. In total, more than 250 billion photographs have been uploaded to Facebook.
Installation sculpture from the Carroll University Faculty Exhibition, October, 2017.